Thursday, June 14, 2012

WAITING FOR PAPA BEAR

I've decided to go back to my first love, writing and since we are approaching, "Father's Day" I thought this would be the perfect time to let you see one of my projects, which I wrote in  October of  1996, enjoy. - Yohani M. Ham

   
WAITING FOR PAPA©

“Mama Bear, when is Papa Bear coming home?” Meme Bear asked
“I wish I could say when, but it will be on a bright sunny day.”
“I want him home, now!" she cried
“Oh my Little Bearry Bear, Mama bear wants him home too.”

Little Bearry Bear cried while in the playground while with her cubs friends, she cried while eating lunch. At suppertime. She even cried herself to sleep. Tata Bear who Mama Bear called Tiny Bearry, cried all day until Mama Bear soothed her to sleep with her sweet lullabies, while rocking her in arms all because Papa Bear was not home.

“My sweet dear little Bearry Bear, please don't cry you break my heart and make your baby sister cry.”
“She misses Papa Bear too.”
“Yes, I know.” Mama Bear replied
“I really miss Papa Bear alot. I miss when we would wrestle together... I miss when he would trick me into the car seat... I miss when we would watch, “Married with Cubs”, together... but I miss the most when he would give me big bear hugs right before bed time.”
“Oh My little Bearry...”

“Where is Papa Bear, Mama bear?”
“Come My Little Bearry Bear, sit here on Mama's lap.... Papa Bear is on a trip on other side of the world.”
“Why is he over there and not over here?”
“Its part of his job Little Bearry, besides he's visiting new places and meeting new people and when he gets back I'm sure he'll have stories to tell you and Tiny Bearry.”

“Mama Bear, you do miss Papa Bear?"
“Oh, very much that at times I cry.”
“You cry!”
“Yes, just not like your little sister.” mama bear smiled
“Mama Bear, can you tell me about Papa Bear again... Tata Bear and I love when you tell us about him.”

“Well, when I found out that you were in my tummy, Papa Bear was out to sea....
“Again!!!”
“Yes, Little Bearry again.... so when he came home I surprised him with the news,
“Like a surprise party?”
“Almost but there were no balloon nor cake and when I told him he was so happy he fell to the ground and started to talk to you in my tummy and together we cried...”
“You both were unhappy?”
“No sweetie, big bears cry of happiness, those tears are known as tears of joy”, Mama Bear explained
“I like those tears.”
“Me too!... Well, we also gave thanks to all the star in the sky for listening and making our dream come true. Papa Bear was very proud, so proud he told everyone he worked with, even bears he didn't know. He spoke to you everyday in my tummy and when you heard his voice for the first time and kicked, I knew that you and him had fallen in love with each other forever.”

“Yes Mama Bear I love my Papa Bear, but did it hurt?”
“Of course not! That was a silly kick. He also had a yellow school bus, which he said was for you and him to play with. When you were born, he was on his first long trip around the world, he would write to you every chance he had. When he finally came home, he was so excited to met you, and guess what was your first word when you saw him, Little Bearry?”
"WHAT! WHAT!"
"Daddy!" and Meme Bear giggled
“Did he do the same for Tata Bear?”
“Oh, yes he couldn't believe I had in my tummy another cub. He couldn't wait to hold his little cub in his big paws to hold and snuggle just to give her all that love he had waiting for her from his heart. You both mean all the honey in the world to him. You and Tiny Bearry are our blessing.”
“I love you both very much and I know Papa Bear loves you just the same.” she replied as she hugged them both

“Mama Bear, do you think Papa Bear is thinking about us?”
“As a matter of fact I know he is Little Bearry, I bet he is doing it this very instant. Every night before you go to bed you look up to the sky and look for the moon, if you do not see the moon it's because its visiting Papa Bear so look for the brightest star... because no matter where you and he stands you both share the same sky, so your love and his will always met half way”.

“Is that why I always see you looking up to the sky at night?”
“Yes, my Little Bearry and I know he will do the same until he comes back home.”
“Yes Mama Bear, on that bright sunny day. THE END






23 They are new every morning; great is your faithfulness. 24 I say to myself, “The Lord is my portion; therefore I will wait for him.” 25 The Lord is good to those whose hope is in him, to the one who seeks him; 26 it is good to wait quietly

No comments:

Post a Comment